Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
All times are in Eastern Daylight Time.
Edison Mission Marketing & Trading (EMMT), based in Boston, Massachusetts, conducts price risk management and energy trading activities for its parent organization, Edison Mission Energy (EME), based in Santa Ana, California. EME is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates are engaged in the business of developing, acquiring, owning or leasing, operating and selling energy and capacity from independent power production facilities.
Manage the energy, capacity, emissions and RECs of a diverse portfolio of coal, natural gas, and wind generation as well as merchant transmission by:
- Researching power fundamentals and congestion drivers. Developing daily offer strategies that optimize asset value and mitigate outage and congestion risks. Presenting to external clients and implement approved strategies
- Estimating gas needs and procuring fuel on a daily basis
- Designing hedge strategies to protect and enhance value
- Complying with relevant laws, regulations, programs, rules and contracts
- Overseeing daily unit commitment process. Developing and implementing asset optimization strategies.
- Communicating strategies with internal and external clients
- Analyzing power markets. Focusing on macro- and micro-level congestion and pricing drivers
- Developing hedge advice to protect and enhance value
- Analyzing various market drivers
- Comprehensive understanding of physical and financial electricity, natural gas, emissions, coal, REC and capacity markets
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with sound business and technical judgment skills
- Able to work in an open, team environment
- Must be familiar with and able to work with trading and risk management systems
- Experience with querying of databases such as SQL Server, Oracle.
- Experience using trading systems (Endur, ICE) and internal analysis tools (AVM).
- 5 -7 years of related work experience in Energy Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Master’s Degree Preferred
Refer a LinkedIn connection
Share on your newsfeed